Bone Marrow Cancer SymptomsWhat are the symptoms of bone marrow cancer?
Bone marrow cancer is called multiple myeloma. Frequently the first sign of multiple myeloma is bone pain due to the presence of many malignant cells in the bone marrow.
Following are the potential bone marrow cancer symptoms :
- Pain in the bones is caused by too many plasma cells collecting there. Pain in the back and ribs and afterwards the pain may spread to the pelvic bones, neck and skull, and less frequently to the lower arms or legs.
- As the malignant plasma cells replace the normal blood forming elements in the marrow, anemia and fatigue may be apparent. The marrow also produces fewer platelets, blood cells which regulate clots and bleeding. As a result, multiple myeloma victims may experience bleeding gums, nosebleeds or easy bruising. Unexplained bone fractures, kidney failure, persistent infections and weight loss are other signs of the disease.
- The large numbers of plasma cells in multiple myeloma damages the bones. Occasionally, it is a fracture of a bone that takes a patient to the doctor in the first place.
- When the bones are damaged, calcium is released into the bloodstream. Too much calcium makes you feel very thirsty, sick and tired. You may also pass a lot of urine, as your body tries to get rid of the extra calcium. If left untreated, it can make you drowsy and difficult to wake.
- Infections become hard to conquer due to lack of enough healthy white blood cells to fight the bacteria or viruses that have caused the infection.
- Other bone marrow cancer symptoms include abnormal bruising and bleeding can happen in myeloma because the large numbers of plasma cells in your bone marrow have stopped the platelets from being made. Breathlessness and tiredness can happen because you do not have enough red blood cells.
- Thirst and a feeling or being sick, swollen ankles.
All of these symptoms are more likely to be caused by other illnesses. However, if you have any symptoms like these, you should see your doctor
Summary of bone marrow cancer symptoms :
- Pain in the bones especially in the back or ribs.
- Bone fracture.
- Kidney failure, infections, weight loss.
- Breathlessness and tiredness.
- Calcium in the urine, passing a lot of urine.
- Tiredness shortness of breath or weakness.
- Low resistance against infections.
- Unusual bleeding or bruising.
- Swollen ankles.
Colon / Bowel Cancer Symptoms
Lung Cancer Symptoms
Breast Cancer Symptoms
Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
Prostate Cancer Symptoms
Testicular Cancer Symptoms
Throat / Larynx Cancer Symptoms
Skin Cancer Symptoms
Stomach / Gastric Cancer Symptoms
Cervical Cancer Symptoms
Bone Cancer Symptoms
Pancreatic Cancer Symptoms
Liver Cancer Symptoms
Uterine / Endometrial Cancer Symptoms
Bladder Cancer Symptoms
Mouth Cancer Symptoms
Thyroid Cancer Symptoms
Kidney Cancer Symptoms
Tongue Cancer Symptoms
Esophageal Cancer Symptoms
Penile Cancer Symptoms
Neck Cancer Symptoms
Blood Cancer Symptoms
Lip Cancer Symptoms
Anal Cancer Symptoms
Sinus Cancer Symptoms
Lymph Node Cancer Symptoms
Eye Cancer Symptoms
Nose Cancer Symptoms
Spinal Cancer Symptoms
Bone Marrow Cancer Symptoms