Penile Cancer Symptoms : Penis Cancer SymptomsWhat are the symptoms of penile cancer?
Penile cancer is a rare form of cancer. Patients experiencing the below mentioned symptoms should arrange an urgent appointment with a specialist in diseases affecting the penis (called a urologist) to see any man who comes with an ulcerated or sore area on their penis.
Following are the potential penile cancer symptoms :
- Penile cancer typically begins as a raised lump or lesion on the penis. It can begin more as an area of unexplained change in the color of the skin.
- The most common symptom of penile cancer is a tender spot, an open sore, or a wart-like lump that originates at the tip of the penis. The tender spot spreads slowly across the skin, and invades deeper layers of tissue.
- There may also be a discharge or bleeding. These symptoms may occur with conditions other than cancer. Like most cancers, cancer of the penis is easiest to treat if it is diagnosed early, so if you have any worries it is best to go to your doctor straight away.
- Other penile cacner symptoms may include genital lesions on the penis. Penis pain and bleeding from the penis may occur with advanced disease.
- Watch out for other penis cancer symptoms such as a new growth or sore that does not heal in four weeks, a spot or sore that continues to itch, hurt, crust, scab, erode or bleed and persistent skin ulcers.
Symptoms of penile cancer are visible on the skin. It is useful to be aware of what is normal, and to recognise any changes. Commonly, these symptoms will indicate problems other than cancer. However, people who notice any symptoms should see their doctor as soon as possible. Penile cancer is easier to treat the earlier it is detected.
Summary of penile cancer symptoms :
- A tender spot, an open sore, or a wart-like lump that originates at the tip of the penis.
- A new growth or sore that does not heal in four weeks.
- A spot or sore that continues to itch, hurt, crust, scab, erode or bleed.
- Unexplained and persistent skin ulcers.
Colon / Bowel Cancer Symptoms
Lung Cancer Symptoms
Breast Cancer Symptoms
Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
Prostate Cancer Symptoms
Testicular Cancer Symptoms
Throat / Larynx Cancer Symptoms
Skin Cancer Symptoms
Stomach / Gastric Cancer Symptoms
Cervical Cancer Symptoms
Bone Cancer Symptoms
Pancreatic Cancer Symptoms
Liver Cancer Symptoms
Uterine / Endometrial Cancer Symptoms
Bladder Cancer Symptoms
Mouth Cancer Symptoms
Thyroid Cancer Symptoms
Kidney Cancer Symptoms
Tongue Cancer Symptoms
Esophageal Cancer Symptoms
Penile Cancer Symptoms
Neck Cancer Symptoms
Blood Cancer Symptoms
Lip Cancer Symptoms
Anal Cancer Symptoms
Sinus Cancer Symptoms
Lymph Node Cancer Symptoms
Eye Cancer Symptoms
Nose Cancer Symptoms
Spinal Cancer Symptoms
Bone Marrow Cancer Symptoms