Sinus Cancer SymptomsWhat are the symptoms of sinus cancer?
Sinuses are air pockets in the bones of the face. Sinus cancers typically affect the mucosa tissue which is the lining of the sinus. Unfortunately, the symptoms of sinus cancer may be very subtle. The symptoms that present themselves are mostly harmless so as not to alarm the patient.
Following are the potential sinus cancer symptoms or paranasal sinus and nasal cavity cancer :
- Common symptoms of sinus cancer are nosebleeds, tooth pain and a persistently stuffy nose.
- The cancer can affect other parts of the face indirectly if it presses against them. Cheek numbness (or pain) may be a result of the cancer pressing on the nerve. Excessive tearing may occur in case the cancer presses on the tear duct. Blurry vision and double vision result from pressure on eye muscles. There may also be hearing loss due to the cancer pressing on the eustachian tube.
- Sometimes, if the cancer has grown large, there may be an asymmetric bulge of the cheek or nose. Sinus cancer can also lead to loosening of the upper teeth or change in the alignment of the teeth.
- If the cancer metastasizes to one of the lymph nodes in the neck, a lump may form in the patient's neck.
- Other sinus cancer symptoms may include swelling around the eyes, headaches, blocked sinuses and pain behind the nose or in the upper jaw.
These symptoms may occur due to conditions other than cancer, and most people with these symptoms will not have paranasal sinus cancer. However, like most cancers, paranasal sinus cancer is most likely to be cured when diagnosed at an early stage. Therefore any of the above symptoms which do not improve over a few days should be reported to your family doctor (GP).
Summary of sinus cancer symptoms
- Sinuses that are blocked and do not clear
- Pain behind the nose or in the upper teeth
- A lump or sore inside the nose that does not heal
- Decreased sense of smell
- The symptoms can vary depending on which sinuses are affected. The most common symptoms include:
- Numbness of the cheek, upper lip, upper teeth or side of the nose
- Growth or mass on the face, nose, or palate
- Swelling around the eyes.
- Frequent headaches or pain affecting the sinus region
- Blurry or Double vision.
- Persistent nosebleeds
- Change in speech.
- Loosening, pain or numbness of the teeth
Colon / Bowel Cancer Symptoms
Lung Cancer Symptoms
Breast Cancer Symptoms
Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
Prostate Cancer Symptoms
Testicular Cancer Symptoms
Throat / Larynx Cancer Symptoms
Skin Cancer Symptoms
Stomach / Gastric Cancer Symptoms
Cervical Cancer Symptoms
Bone Cancer Symptoms
Pancreatic Cancer Symptoms
Liver Cancer Symptoms
Uterine / Endometrial Cancer Symptoms
Bladder Cancer Symptoms
Mouth Cancer Symptoms
Thyroid Cancer Symptoms
Kidney Cancer Symptoms
Tongue Cancer Symptoms
Esophageal Cancer Symptoms
Penile Cancer Symptoms
Neck Cancer Symptoms
Blood Cancer Symptoms
Lip Cancer Symptoms
Anal Cancer Symptoms
Sinus Cancer Symptoms
Lymph Node Cancer Symptoms
Eye Cancer Symptoms
Nose Cancer Symptoms
Spinal Cancer Symptoms
Bone Marrow Cancer Symptoms