Stomach Cancer Symptoms : Gastric Cancer SymptomsWhat are the symptoms of stomach/gastric cancer?
Stomach cancer can be very difficult to diagnose because in the early stages, the symptoms can be absent or very mild. The symptoms of stomach cancer may resemble other medical conditions or problems. Always consult your physician for a diagnosis. The following are the most common symptoms of stomach cancer. However, each individual may experience symptoms differently. Potential stomach cancer symptoms may include:
- Stomach cancer symptoms (gastric cancer) commonly are characterized by abdominal pain and difficulty eating. Patients often suffer from anaemia due to bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract. Patients with stomach cancer symptoms develop a sense of fullness in their stomach even when they have not eaten much.
- Stomach cancer symptoms can include a dull or gnawing pain in the middle of the abdomen (epigastrium).
- Difficulty swallowing because of a tumor involving the upper part of your stomach, near the esophagus.
- Other stomach cancer symptoms include an abdominal mass, abdominal swelling, pain and fullness in the right upper abdomen.
- Stomach cancer symptoms can also include fatigue, weight loss, or dark stools. Patients with a history of gastritis or a stomach ulcer (gastric ulcer) may be at a risk.
If you experience any of the above stomach cancer symptoms it is advised that you see your healthcare provider for a more thorough check so the proper diagnose and treatment can be apply.
Summary of stomach / gastric cancer symptoms :
- Indigestion and stomach discomfort.
- Moderate to severe pain in the stomach.
- Mild upper abdominal discomfort associated with nausea and loss of appetite.
- Difficulty swallowing
- A sense of fullness in the upper abdomen, just below the chest bone after eating a small meal. Doctors call this early satiety.
- Heartburn, indigestion, or ulcer-type symptoms
- Blood in the stool.
- Weakness and fatigue.
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Unintended weith loss.
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Severe nausea and vomiting - A late symptom caused by blockage of the stomach drainage by the enlarging cancer
- Swelling of the abdomen due to accumulation of fluid and cancer cells.
Colon / Bowel Cancer Symptoms
Lung Cancer Symptoms
Breast Cancer Symptoms
Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
Prostate Cancer Symptoms
Testicular Cancer Symptoms
Throat / Larynx Cancer Symptoms
Skin Cancer Symptoms
Stomach / Gastric Cancer Symptoms
Cervical Cancer Symptoms
Bone Cancer Symptoms
Pancreatic Cancer Symptoms
Liver Cancer Symptoms
Uterine / Endometrial Cancer Symptoms
Bladder Cancer Symptoms
Mouth Cancer Symptoms
Thyroid Cancer Symptoms
Kidney Cancer Symptoms
Tongue Cancer Symptoms
Esophageal Cancer Symptoms
Penile Cancer Symptoms
Neck Cancer Symptoms
Blood Cancer Symptoms
Lip Cancer Symptoms
Anal Cancer Symptoms
Sinus Cancer Symptoms
Lymph Node Cancer Symptoms
Eye Cancer Symptoms
Nose Cancer Symptoms
Spinal Cancer Symptoms
Bone Marrow Cancer Symptoms