Uterine Cancer Symptoms - Endometrial Cancer SymptomsWhat are the symptoms of uterine cancer
(Other Names: endometrial cancer, cancer of the uterus, cancer of the endometrium, endometrial carcinoma)
Uterine cancer is also referred to as endometrial cancer. Uterine cancer is the cancer of the inside lining of the uterus. It is common knowledge that menstrual periods are caused by the monthly crumbling of the skin of this endometrium. Women post-menopause are at a high risk of being affected by uterine cancer but few younger women also have been diagnosed of uterine cancer. Uterine cancer symptoms develop most commonly in association with unopposed estrogen, meaning estrogen without progesterone. Women who have not had children are also at a risk. Following are the potential uterine cancer symptoms.
- Post menopausal vaginal bleeding is an important uterine cancer symptom and should be immediately verified by a qualified doctor. Bleeding may start as a watery, blood-streaked flow that gradually contains more blood. Although detection of uterine cancer usually occurs after menopause, it sometimes occurs around the time that menopause begins. These uterine cancer symptoms also can occur with hyperplasia and some other noncancerous conditions but it is important to have immediate medical evaluation of irregular bleeding.
- In premenopausal women, the diagnosis of endometrial cancer requires some suspicion. Patients may develop prolonged or heavy menstrual periods or bleeding between periods. Proper evaluation of such endometrial cancer symptoms is advised.
- Unusual vaginal discharge may also a uterine cancer symptom. Discharge may be bloody or white. Though this may be due to less harmful disorders, it is advised to get it verified.
- Other uterine cancer symptoms include discomfort and painful urination, pain during intercourse. Some late uterine cancer symptoms may be pelvic pain and weight loss. Delay in seeking advise can be detrimental to the successful treatment of the disease.
The chances of successful treatment of endometrial cancer or uterine cancer are good when detected early. The proper and timely evaluation of the mentioned uterine cancer symptoms can be help successfully cure the disease.
Summary of Uterine Cancer Symptoms :
- Difficult or painful urination.
- Pain during intercourse.
- Unusual bleeding, spotting, or other discharge.
- vaginal bleeding after menopause.
- unusual vaginal bleeding or discharge.
- Pelvic pain.
- Weight loss.
Colon / Bowel Cancer Symptoms
Lung Cancer Symptoms
Breast Cancer Symptoms
Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
Prostate Cancer Symptoms
Testicular Cancer Symptoms
Throat / Larynx Cancer Symptoms
Skin Cancer Symptoms
Stomach / Gastric Cancer Symptoms
Cervical Cancer Symptoms
Bone Cancer Symptoms
Pancreatic Cancer Symptoms
Liver Cancer Symptoms
Uterine / Endometrial Cancer Symptoms
Bladder Cancer Symptoms
Mouth Cancer Symptoms
Thyroid Cancer Symptoms
Kidney Cancer Symptoms
Tongue Cancer Symptoms
Esophageal Cancer Symptoms
Penile Cancer Symptoms
Neck Cancer Symptoms
Blood Cancer Symptoms
Lip Cancer Symptoms
Anal Cancer Symptoms
Sinus Cancer Symptoms
Lymph Node Cancer Symptoms
Eye Cancer Symptoms
Nose Cancer Symptoms
Spinal Cancer Symptoms
Bone Marrow Cancer Symptoms